Delicious Fall Salad
Candied pecan ingredients include:
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of raw pecans
Maple-balsamic dressing ingredients include:
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Salad ingredients include:
- 1 head endive, leaves separated
- 2 hearts frisee lettuce, hand torn
- 1 large radicchio, leaves torn
- 1 red pear, sliced
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- To make the candied pecans, set a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the butter and sugar to the pan. Once it has melted, toss in the pecans and continue to toss them to ensure they coat and cook evenly, about 1 minute. Transfer the candied pecans to a sheet tray lined with waxed paper to cool (use two forks to separate the pecans) while you prepare the salad.
Make the dressing by combining the chopped shallot, Dijon and balsamic vinegar in a large mixing bowl. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while you whisk the ingredients together to emulsify. Add the maple syrup and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Set the dressing aside.
Assemble salad by tossing the various greens and pear slices in a large mixing bowl with the maple-balsamic dressing. Top the salad with shaved Parmesan cheese and candied pecans.